Phytorid Technology Developed By National Environment Engineering Research Institute(NEERI). Application of Phytorid Technology is to treat sewage and waste water treatment for domestic and industrial Sector.
Phytorid is a Scientifically developed systematic treatment methodology for wastewater.
- Phytorid combines physical, chemical and biological process.
- Works on gravity
- No electric power requirement
- Scalable technology
- Easy to maintain
- Adds to aesthetic
- Cost effective
- Treatment efficiencies for the removal of faecal coliforms, BOD, COD, nutrients are up to 95%, which is greater than the traditional chemical methods.
- It is a very cost effective technology when compared with the traditional wastewater treatment methods
- Since it utilizes natural vegetation and rhizosphere microorganisms, it is eco-friendly method of treating sewage.
- An important factor to be considered is the aesthetic improvement that is provided by this methodology.
- No mosquitoes and odour nuisance
- The treated water can be used for enhancement of environmental architecture such as roadside fountains.
- The quality of treated water is comparable to irrigation standards